2001-2003 4-Strokes 400/450/520/525
EXC, MXC, SX, Part #12-01
1 set radiator guards
1 cross bar assembly
(4) 6mm x 14mm square head cap screws
(2) 6mm x 8mm flat head cap screws
(1) #20 hose clamp
(2) 6mm x 20mm washer/hex bolt
1. Remove seat, side shrouds, & tank.
2. Remove stock louvers and set aside. Remove stock bolts from radiators and set aside.
3. Install long bracket & "L" bracket assembly above the frame tubes. (As shown in left picture) (Note: pull radiators off of frame mount pins to allow additional room to get brackets snaked through and remount once you have bracket in position.)
4. Clamp small "L" bracket to the top of the lower frame tube using the #20 hose clamp provided. (As shown in left picture)
5. Bolt radiator guards in place using 6mm x 14mm bolts provided. Tip: A ball-end hex allen wrench is the easiest way to install using access holes provided! Tip: Be sure to start bolt straight! Install 6mm. x 8mm flat head cap screws through radiator guards into long bracket ends. (As shown in right picture) Use Loctite and do not over tighten!
6. Reinstall tank, side shrouds (using 6mm x 20mm washer/hex bolts – provided) and seat.
Call us toll free at 1-877-375-5527 with any questions!